For a number of years, corporate accountants have been questioning the validity of spending months on an annual budgeting process which is out of date before the ink has dried. An annual budgeting process is not worth more than two weeks of effort, so why are we spending months on it? Companies in Asia, Europe, the US, Australia and New Zealand are recognising that the existing annual budgeting process cannot continue. It has been with us since the Roman calendar was adopted by the West and is now seen by many as a hindrance to management rather than a help. An international survey found that nearly 90% of CFOs were dissatisfied with their annual budgeting process. What CFOs and management accountants need to know is how to cut the time out of the existing annual budgeting process and at the same time prepare the way to managing the business in a more appropriate way – through quarterly rolling forecasting and planning.
Existing annual budgeting processes; encourage budget holders to be dysfunctional; undermines the reporting regime as the monthly budgets have no relevance, and involves management in a three month period where management are taken away from making money.
Please click here to look inside the toolkit (whitepaper + e-templates)
This whitepaper is updated at the time of purchase by David Parmenter ensuring that it contains his latest thinking. The whitepaper is printed at the time of purchase to ensure it has David’s latest thinking and air-mailed to the reader. The e-templates are emailed.
This unique implementation toolkit comprise my latest thinking on the subject matter. The toolkit contains 70 pages designed to help readers to radically change the next planning cycle. This toolkit covers the foundation stones of a quick forecasting and planning process, the processes you need to adopt and how to sell this change to the senior management team. This comprehensive toolkit comes with electronic templates including selling the change powerpoints, implementation checklists, examples of forecasting and planning tools, and a comprehensive list of planning software to assist you with implementation. I have spent around US$50,000 developing and updating this toolkit. I guarantee, you will save many times the cost of the toolkit.
Why you need this toolkit:
- To understand how monthly targets (budgets) can be set later
- Understand the foundation stones that radically shorten your annual budgeting process to 2 weeks
- Apply the checklists and templates designed to help you to implement QRF
- Avoid the common implementation pitfalls
- To help sell change to your management (selling presentation template included)
This whitepaper will answer the following questions:
- What are the best strategies for an annual plan?
- What are the steps to a great annual plan?
- How to nail the annual budgeting process?
- How to make annual budgeting efficient?
- How to do the annual budgeting in 2 weeks, not 4 months
The electronic templates include:
- Scoping document for implementing quarterly rolling forecasting in a planning tool
- How the rolling forecast works for an organisation with a June year-end
- Suggestive sales forecasting template
- 10 day annual budgeting timetable
- One page A3 annual plan summary
- List of planning tool providers and their applications
- Useful letters and memos
- Streamlining the annual process checklist
- Costing an annual plan process
- Focus group workshop agenda
- Annual budgeting briefing workshop
- A sales pitch to the board