A guide to closing the books quickly
This unique implementation toolkit is a guide to closing the books quickly and contains my latest thinking. The toolkit contains 110 pages + 20 e-templates designed to help readers implement better practice methods. The toolkit comes with electronic media, eg: formats, templates, and workshop agendas to assist in swift implementation. I have spent around US$50,000 developing and updating this toolkit. I guarantee, you will save many times the cost of the toolkit.
Please click here to look inside the toolkit (whitepaper+e-templates)
This toolkit is updated at the time of purchase by David Parmenter ensuring that it contains his latest thinking. The whitepaper is printed at the time of purchase to ensure it has David’s latest thinking and air-mailed to the reader. The e-templates are emailed.
Why you need this toolkit:
- This will help you to save days of work each month end and months from your year end reporting process
- Your reporting will be concise, error free and it will be read
- It will make big in-roads into making your finance team into a happier and more rewarding place to work
- It will introduce you to ‘post-it’ reengineering
- Easy to use electronic templates (checklists, draft presentations, software solutions etc)– to give you a fast start
This toolkit will answer the following questions:
- What is a fast close month end process?
- What are the steps for a fast close?
- How do you shorten a month end closing process?
- What are the tips for a faster, and better year-end close?
- What are the key steps for a fast close?
- How do I sell a fast close to the auditors and management?
- How to get a fast close without compromising the quality of the numbers?
- How to use a soft close?
All templates in the paper + additional PowerPoint presentations
In the paper, I have many templates, checklists, workshop templates, PowerPoint slide decks, one page report formats to help the reader. These electronic versions represent over USD$30,000 of my time over the years I have developed them.
The electronic templates include:
- Selling quick month end reporting to the executive team (PowerPoint slide deck)
- Costing out the monthly and year end reporting process
- Post-it re-engineering workshop agenda and timetable
- Draft month-end rules for the finance team
- Implementation steps for a fast close month end checklist
- Sales pitch for a quick month-end and year-end
- Audit process checklist
- Overs and unders schedules
- List of consolidation tools
- List of inter-company software
- List of fast close applications
- List of collaborative software
- The key activities of a 3 week year end
- Checklist of implementation steps to speed up year-end
- Draft year-end rules for the finance team
This toolkit contains following:
- Fast reporting practices- review case studies on quick month-end and year-end reporting (day one reporting and virtual closing)
- The lean better practices to get your next month-end completed in three working days or less
- Best reporting practices (A3 one page, daily and weekly formats, killer presentations, clear graphics)
- The technology you need to use (accounts payable, consolidation, reporting, disclosure management, drill down applications)
- Quality assurance processes ( bullet proof numbers, report planning, word structure)
- Winning agile practices (closing on the same day each month, “post-it” re-engineering, Kanban and Scrum meetings)
- The lean better practices to get your next year-end completed in three weeks
- Next steps and other areas to tackle