This white paper is based around the wisdom and better practices of the accountants who are on cutting edge of reporting. This is their story. Accountants need to be great communicators to fulfill their role successfully. Gone are the days when reports could simply be drafted without consideration of the reader’s needs. Reports should focus on how to best get the message across. What are the salient points? Where can this report add value to the readers understanding? And how can I deliver this report on a better practice time frame? This paper looks at all aspects of reporting from weekly, ad hoc, monthly management and Board reporting. I have included HR reporting as accountants are increasingly being asked to assist in this area. Many management reports are not a management tool; they are merely memorandums of information. As a tool management reports should encourage timely action in the right direction, and should measure and report on those activities the Board, management and staff need to focus on. The old adage “what gets measured gets done” still holds true. Management reporting as a management tool needs to be a combination of monthly and daily/weekly reporting. Why you should buy this white paper:
- You haven’t the time to disseminate all the information from the better practices adopted by your peers – I have spent the last 15 years doing this for you..
- Easy to use templates – which can be in use immediately.
- Expose yourself to the latest thinking on reporting financial and non-financial data
- Be introduced to Stephen Few’s brilliant work on dashboard design – the leading thought leaders on data visualization
- Blow the CEO and the Board away with great report formats that are clear to the point and easy to understand