A guide to closing the books quickly
This unique implementation toolkit is a guide to closing the books quickly and contains my latest thinking. The toolkit contains 120 pages + 20 e-templates designed to help readers implement better practice methods. The toolkit comes with electronic media, eg: formats, templates, and workshop agendas to assist in swift implementation. I have spent around US$50,000 developing and updating this toolkit. I guarantee, you will save many times the cost of the toolkit.
Please click here to look inside the toolkit (PDF whitepaper+e-templates)
This toolkit is updated at the time of purchase by David Parmenter ensuring that it contains his latest thinking. The e-templates are emailed with the paper.
Why you need this toolkit:
- This will help you to save days of work each month end and months from your year end reporting process
- Your reporting will be concise, error free and it will be read
- It will make big in-roads into making your finance team into a happier and more rewarding place to work
- It will introduce you to ‘post-it’ reengineering
- Easy to use electronic templates (checklists, draft presentations, software solutions etc)– to give you a fast start
This toolkit will answer the following questions:
- What is a fast close month end process?
- What are the steps for a fast close?
- How do you shorten a month end closing process?
- What are the tips for a faster, and better year-end close?
- What are the key steps for a fast close?
- How do I sell a fast close to the auditors and management?
- How to get a fast close without compromising the quality of the numbers?
- How to use a soft close?
All templates in the paper + additional PowerPoint presentations
In the paper, I have many templates, checklists, workshop templates, PowerPoint slide decks, one page report formats to help the reader. These electronic versions represent over USD$30,000 of my time over the years I have developed them.
The electronic templates include:
- Selling quick month end reporting to the executive team (PowerPoint slide deck)
- Costing out the monthly and year end reporting process
- Post-it re-engineering workshop agenda and timetable
- Draft month-end rules for the finance team
- Implementation steps for a fast close month end checklist
- Sales pitch for a quick month-end and year-end
- Audit process checklist
- Overs and unders schedules
- List of consolidation tools
- List of inter-company software
- List of fast close applications
- List of collaborative software
- The key activities of a 3 week year end
- Checklist of implementation steps to speed up year-end
- Draft year-end rules for the finance team
This toolkit contains following:
- Fast reporting practices- review case studies on quick month-end and year-end reporting (day one reporting and virtual closing)
- The lean better practices to get your next month-end completed in three working days or less
- Best reporting practices (A3 one page, daily and weekly formats, killer presentations, clear graphics)
- The technology you need to use (accounts payable, consolidation, reporting, disclosure management, drill down applications)
- Quality assurance processes ( bullet proof numbers, report planning, word structure)
- Winning agile practices (closing on the same day each month, “post-it” re-engineering, Kanban and Scrum meetings)
- The lean better practices to get your next year-end completed in three weeks
- Next steps and other areas to tackle