This toolkit is based on better practices emerging from an in-depth ten year study of accounting functions and interaction with over 2,000 accounts payable officers. Accountants and accounts payable staff will benefit from acquiring this toolkit. This toolkit points out how the accounts payable (AP) team is the centre of the finance team and timely and accurate information cannot be delivered without the Accounts Payable team working with 21st century better practices and technologies.
This unique implementation toolkit comprise my latest thinking on the subject matter. The toolkit contains 70 pages designed to help readers implement better practice methods. The toolkit comes with electronic media, eg: lists of Accounts Payable software, templates, and workshop agendas to assist in swift implementation. I have spent around US$50,000 developing and updating this toolkit. I guarantee, you will save many times the cost of the toolkit.
This toolkit is to be read by all accounts payable staff together with an accountant who would be best positioned to support them with better practice changes. This toolkit covers over 50 better practices and the content includes:
- implementing 21st century accounts payable technology and techniques
- reducing up to 60% of your volume from the Accounts Payable ledger
- the benefits of the purchase card and recipient-created invoices
- moving towards a paperless Accounts Payable function (electronic purchase orders, scanning etc)
- streamlining payments – moving to 100% EFT payments, web based remittances etc
- working more efficiently and effectively with suppliers and budget-holders
- how to get your budget holders to comply to Accounts Payable procedures
- ways to improve the day to day Accounts Payable administration (handling purchase orders, purchase invoices, etc.)
- Accounts Payable staff issues (recruitment, training, increasing team morale)
- how to cut-off Accounts Payable promptly so month end reports can be prepared by day 3 or less
- agile methods which the Accounts Payable should adopt
Please click here to look inside the toolkit (whitepaper + e-templates)
This whitepaper is updated at the time of purchase by David Parmenter ensuring that it contains his latest thinking. The whitepaper is printed at the time of purchase to ensure it has David’s latest thinking and air-mailed to the reader. The e-templates are emailed.
Why you need this toolkit:
- You haven’t the time to disseminate all the information from the better practices adopted by leading AP Teams. I have been working on this over the last 15 years on your behalf.
- Easy to use templates – which can be in use immediately.
- Make a lasting impression with the CFO by revolutionizing AP processes significantly reducing transaction volumes and at the same time cost per AP transaction.
- Improve the profile and job satisfaction of AP staff.
This toolkit will answer the following questions:
- How do you manage Accounts Payable effectively?
- How do you move to a paperless Accounts Payable system?
- What are the best practices to improve Accounts Payable?
- What are the strategies to optimize Accounts Payable?
- What Accounts Payable systems should you invest in?
- What are the best ways to detect fraud within Accounts Payable operations?
All templates in the paper + additional PowerPoint presentations
In the paper, I have many templates, checklists, workshop templates, PowerPoint slide decks, one page report formats to help the reader. These electronic versions represent over USD$30,000 of my time over the years I have developed them.
The electronic templates include:
- Post-it re-engineering of Accounts Payable workshop (agenda and templates)
- Checklist of the 50+ ways to improve Accounts Payable
- Checklist of steps to reduce month-end time frames
- Useful draft letters and memos
- Draft email to suppliers to make all invoices paperless
- How to sell an Accounts Payable system to the executive team